Sunday 5 May 2013

Slightly longer update: Lazy days

Since my last post, I've been really stressed about getting my final marks. But since they've been all released, I've been feeling really relaxed and happy. My marks this semester weren't as good as they were last semester but I'm definitely not complaining, since they were a lot better than expected! Plus, I managed to miraculously pass both my accounting final and the ELPE. Woop woop!

Aside from checking my mark updates hourly, my time spent since school ended has been nothing but boring. My parents have recently developed an addiction to shopping at Sears. I've been going there every. single. day. I seriously think it's unhealthy the amount of money they've been spending at this damned store. But whatever, not like anything I say ever has any effect on them. At least I managed to get a couple pair of nice shoes from Sears and I got a cute jewellery tree too:


Other than constantly going out to Sears, I've spent the past week or two making a resume and looking online for jobs. Nothing has really appealed to me even though I'm really not in a place to be picky right now. I should also get my ass going on getting my driver's license but I've been in such a lazy rut recently and I have no motivation to do anything other than roll around in bed with my iPad.

I also recently went back and found some older TVB dramas that I haven't watched before and I started watching "Tiger Cubs" and OH. MY. GOD. IT'S SO GADDAMN GOOD. I CAN'T CONTROL MY FEELS.


I don't know what that video is? A trailer? A clip? Whatever it is, I hope it hooks you. If anyone has the time for an Asian drama, and you're thinking K-dramas are getting tiring, and you're interested in police-type dramas, watch this! It's so well done, and the cast is so damn hot. Seriously, nosebleed-worthy.

Since I've never really watched/finished a K-drama, I figured this would be the perfect time to do it. I've gotten recommendations before but I really wanted to watch "Wild Romance" mainly because Jessica Jung (of SNSD) was going to be in it. I watched the first two episodes and I wanted to just cry because the lead actress's acting was just........ I have no words.

The following is my opinion so please no hate, kthnx.

So the main girl in "Wild Romance" is Lee Si-Young. While she's beautiful and I'm sure she's an amazing model and boxer, I can't stand her acting in this drama. It's so over-dramatic and for lack of better terms... "scream-y". By Gods, my eardrums almost broke from the first two episodes. She spoke in such a way that was so loud that I swear the recording instruments can't even pick up her voice properly as they kind of... screeched? I don't know the tech terms so excuse my crappy explanations. Then, she keeps doing this thing where her eyes widen so damn much that I swear her eyeballs were going to fall out. Plus, she did this for no reason too... like gurl wutchu doin cuh i dun geh it??? That aside, her screaming-ness and eye-widening-issues lessened as the episodes went on and I kind of got used to her character and acting. I'm on episode 9 right now. If it starts up again, I wouldn't know.

Lee Dong-wook, on the other hand, the main dude of the drama, is awesome. I love his character and his acting, and everything about him is so charming and fun. I also love the guy who plays Manager Kim and Eun Jae's best friend, Dong Ah. Those two are so damn cute! I shipped them since the moment they laid eyes on each other.


At this point, I started the drama for Jessica, but I'm sticking around for Manager Kim and Dong Ah!

Dramas and Sears aside, I've also been pigging out since I got back to Toronto. I've been telling myself that I need to start getting fit once I'm back in Toronto, but that plan has gone to hell. Unless all the Sears trips count. But I have picked up taking walks after dinner whether it's to our local mall to just walk around, or to the nearby Price Choppers to buy some salad. Then, I'd take the long-way back home by walking through the park in my backyard.

So, without further ado, here's some pictures of food that I've had at uWaterloo and since I got back to Toronto:

Note: All photos are from my Instagram/taken from my phone.


Alikiya and I went to "sweet dreams tea shop" at Waterloo.
Alikiya and I went to Harvey's and the plaza's convenience store.
Alikiya and I went to Mr. Sushi.
A bit expensive but it tasted so sexy.
Parents and I went to First Markham Place.
HK Style breakfast?
First time having bibimbap. It was good, but not worth all the hype.
Maybe it's just the one I had. Any recommendations for a better place?
Is this a Vietnamese dish?
I just call it "Mei Wong" in Cantonese.
Went for sushi at "Oishi Sushi" with my friends.
Hmmm... what else do I have to say...

OH! I recently took up learning Korean. It's pretty crappy at the moment, but I learned the basic alphabet at least?

안녕하세요! 저는 디 입니다.

... I really don't know much phrases. So if you're Korean, tell me if I made any mistakes with those two lame little phrases? The bright side of all of this is I can read some Korean; I just have zero idea of what it actually means.

What else, what else...

Alikiya is currently in Florida right now! She'll be back in Toronto on the 10th, I believe. Her whole family decided to take a trip down to Disneyland? Girl better bring me back a wand from that Harry Potter Land place. I haven't seen her since April 20th? Since she left for Toronto after her exams. I've texted her a couple of times when I was bored at Sears so... pretty much everyday. We were supposed to go for sushi with the rest of our little group of friends but her parents didn't want her getting food poisoning two days before the trip?

Oh right! I've been putting my textbooks online for sale, so if anyone is interested in Politics, Business, etc... textbooks, check out my ads:
- Fundamentals of Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Law in Canada
- Essentials of Comparative Politics
- Introduction to Business in North America
- THINK Sociology
I'm thinking of also putting my Psychology textbook up too...

k

i'm getting tired
creyy

bye

- Dee

p.s: i'll update when alikiya gets back and we can go on adventure mode with job hunting and visits to the park to see cherry blossoms :)




No comments:

Post a Comment