Thursday 30 January 2014

140 Job Applications Later...

I'M FINALLY EMPLOYED.

Honestly, job hunting is not fun at all. Especially when all your friends managed to find jobs in 50 applications or less, and you're just sitting there, hoping that someone would at least interview you.

I applied to about 70 jobs before I got even one interview. Talk about being undesirable, eh? Unfortunately, the job interviews that I went for ended up either cancelling that job opening, or just didn't hire me. Aside from my school's co-op job search website, I also tried applying to some on Kijiji. Some showed interest, but were turned off by the fact that I'd only be working for 4 months. There were also some creepy people too.

Thankfully, I finally found a good government job. It sounds fancy, no? The building itself intimidates me at times. It's so beautiful, and nicely polished, and all you hear is the click-clack from business women in their heels.

Because I thought I wouldn't find a job, I actually signed up for an online course this co-op semester. With my luck, the course ends up having a fair amount of readings, and now that I found a job... I don't know if I can handle it. Plus, I can be such a lazy ass that I don't know if I'm up for reading after a long day at work. I say "long day" not because I'm worried about the actual work load I'll get, but because of coming home during rush-hour. I'll be working downtown, and coming back up on the subway around 5:30-6:00PM is not going to be fun.

Yesterday, I was saying that I'll miss being unemployed. As much as it sucked not working, I had the "freedom" to do nothing productive all day. I mean, as much as I love being productive, the feeling of lazing around and watching dramas just seems so much more appealing on cold Winter days.

Today though, my father has really pushed me to my limit. The entire month and a half I was home, he's been grumpier than before, and constantly yelling at me for the stupidest things. I don't want to be that disrespectful child that's constantly testing him, and I don't have the balls to ever talk back, so I've been holding it in. Honestly, it's the last straw, and I'm just to be able to go to work on Monday.

ANYWAYS...

Job search and that aside, I've just been lazing around at home. Not much to really say, so here's some songs I've been really into recently:


I actually think "Missing You" is one of their best songs; easily my second favourite after "Ugly". The MV is so beautiful, and I really like CL and Minzy's singing in this!


Decide to give this song a try! A while back, I saw a ton of Jinyoung .gifs on Tumblr, so I decided to check out his drama "She is Wow". I started a month ago, and have yet to finish it. Not that it's bad, but I'm so easily distracted, that I have distractions for my distractions. He's so pretty, and so is this song!


I won't lie, and say that I came for Ailee. As much as I like her songs, I watched this MV for Lee Joon! Obviously though, I stayed for Ailee. The song's as beautiful as all her other ones!


I think it was B1A4 that performed this on one of the Gayo Daejuns or award ceremonies, but I heard this song being covered and had to find the original! It sounds so nice ;v;


A Vietnamese song! I don't think V-pop is as popular as any other pop music from Asian countries, and I've never really paid much attention to it. However, I really really love St. 319's dance covers, and so I listened to this song and dfhdsjfkds it did not disappoint! This song has been on replay for me for the longest time. If only I could sing along though;;

I have a lot of other songs I wanna talk about to, but I think this post is gonna get a bit too long!



HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEARS! 恭喜發財! 龍馬精神!


...
利是逗來 hehe

- Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment