Friday 18 May 2012

Night after prom... [eggtart POV]

Prom was alright.

I didn't exactly go into prom with high expectations for it to be an amazing night where I would dance like a wild person. I also didn't go in expecting myself to win prizes such as "Prom Queen" or "Best Dressed".

All I wanted was a simple evening where I can eat something good and take some nice pictures with my friends. I got... none of that, reeeally.

Basically, prom happened at The Venetian Banquet Hall & Hospitality Centre.

For me, the best part of the evening was taking booth pictures with my friends. At prom, they had a little booth where people can go in and take a slip of 4 photos. I'm sure everyone's seen those type of machines before. I took 4 slips of photos, but I feel like it just wasn't enough! I am so sure that some people over-abused the machine and took so many slips that they had to shut down the machine early on in the evening.

Other than that, I didn't really take much photos with anyone. I think in total, I took about 20 pictures? Boo.

Another good thing was the fact that the hall was decorated really nicely.

Entrance into the hall

Tables + seating

If you can't already tell by the Eiffel Towers on the tables, the theme of Prom was "Midnight in Paris" which I also thought was really classy and beautiful.

In terms of food? It was kind of meh. The first thing they served was salad.

I don't know if this is some sort of procedure where all meals have to start with salads, but oh dear...

I hate salads. Unless there's a whole lot of good dressing, I'm probably not gonna be eating it.

Taken from fishandchip's point of view (I lost my photo of the food):

Salad - First dish (I rate it a 1/10)
Then, they served some pasta. It tasted okay, but I wouldn't say it amazing.

Pasta - Second dish (I rate it a 6/10)

Next, came chicken stuffed with cheese and spinach with broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, and two small ass pieces of potato.

Chicken - Third dish (I rate it a 7.5/10)
Lastly, we got dessert!

Ice cream crepe - Dessert (I rate it a 8.5/10)

That was about it. They ended up also having waffles, but since I would have had to move my lazy ass to get it, I decided I was safer just sitting down and watching people dance.

Overall, I don't regret going to prom. I definitely do agree that it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and people should definitely not miss out on it!

Although I wish I was able to have more fun, prom was still okay. Maybe I'll have more fun at graduation! :)

- eggtart

No comments:

Post a Comment