Saturday 6 April 2013

SMASH

Wow, it's been about a month since I last posted on here. And the flowery background remains...

Back in February of 2012, my family and I discovered this show called SMASH. We loved it almost instantly, and I am still utterly addicted to it. Unfortunately, NBC is thinking about cancelling because the views for this season hasn't been as high as they were last year. This absolutely sucks because, honestly, SMASH is one of the best shows I've watched in a while.

SMASH centers around a number of characters as they try to bring to life the story of Marilyn Monroe on Broadway. The show stars former American Idol contestant Katharine McPhee, as well as Will and Grace star Debra Messing (and Sean Hayes makes an appearance in the second season). The other stars in the show are amazing, I just don't really know what else they've done. Nick Jonas has also made multiple appearances in the show, as has Jennifer Hudson.

The songs are amazing:





The acting is great, the characters are great. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SHOW IS BLOODY FANTASTIC. But just 'cause it's not getting more than 2.9 million views a week, it's being cancelled.

This bothers me. 3 million people tune in to watch SMASH while only about 2.5 million watch The Vampire Diaries, and yet one has a fifth season on its way, while the other is going to be tossed aside. As much as I love The Vampire Diaries, I wish that SMASH also got another season.

Now, SMASH has been moved to Saturday nights from its prime Tuesday night position, and now is when the views like nosedive. I absolutely hate this and I hate that the company isn't giving it a chance to keep airing at its usual time. Sigh.

Watch the show, give it the chance that NBC isn't. I promise, you'll love it ~

-Alikiya

No comments:

Post a Comment