Sunday 2 December 2012

The last 3 months ...

Wow, I can't believe that the last 3 months have actually gone by pretty fast. It felt like just yesterday when I was complaining about each day feeling like a century.

Without even realizing, I started to get so used to living on residence even though I still come home every weekend, and all my profs and TAs even though I'd never admit it.

 For French this semester, I was blessed to have one of the best professors ever not that I've had a lot of professors. He's really the biggest derp that anyone would meet and he's just so caring and funny that I don't think anyone can hate him. I did pretty well on all my tests in his class and I even aced my comprehension test with my TA in the weekly French tutorials.

I gotta say, I started off the year with such a dislike for my French TA since he always picked on me mainly because I don't participate in class. But now that tomorrow's my last class with him, I'll actually miss him and my class so much. My class is filled with hilarious people who I don't think I'll ever meet again since university is such a big place. Plus, my TA's growing on me mainly because I realized how much he actually favours me sometimes. On a side note, my TA's name is Julien and that's a pretty sexy name

Economics has been the best. Favourite prof I've had this semester and I wouldn't have it any other way. He's an amazing guy and he always makes the class laugh with his "I-don't-give-a-shit" about anything attitude. When we had our final class on Friday, I swear he made me tear a bit with his final speech about how we've been a great bunch and he wishes us all the best in the future. It's a shame I won't have him for any other Economics class after this. 

IF ANYONE IS TAKING ECON101 AT WATERLOO, TRY TO GET INTO CARVALHO'S CLASS. BEST GUY. EVER.

Old picture from the beginning of the semester!
Back-of-the-room view in ECON101!
I've officially finished SOC101 too. I thought I'd never finish that class but I've survived. Our final project was to create a presentation of an organization that we supported. We ended up choosing SPARK which is a girl-power-type organization. I think I might make a post on that too later on! My task for the group was to make giant bristol board posters that we'd be using as props throughout the presentation.

I used our whole dinner table to make the poster.
My poor roommate had to eat dinner like this LOL.
Legal Studies 101 is officially done as well! I finished my case brief assignment that was worth 45% of my mark. I ended up with a crappy 78% and then went to rage-email my TA about it. She shot down my arguments and so I appealed to my professor who bumped it to an 80%. Not a big increase but hey, it's something. 1% boost to my final mark. I finished the final exam on Thursday; not feeling as confident as I should but it should be okay.

ARBUS101 is done as well. Our final task was to write a 27-page report on our Mike's Bikes game results. I stayed up long hours to finish that stupid report since some of my group members are incompetent and I had to re-do all their work. I mean, one girl was trying to say that we dropped our bike prices from $760 to $720 but she wrote that we dropped it from $600 to $425.. GURL WUTCHU SAY?

All that's left now is final exams for every class except Legal Studies which I've already done. I should be hardcore studying right now but... no. 

Even worse, my dad finally got me the iPad Mini which I've been eying for a while now. I love it and all but... damn, I am sooo not gonna study with this thing. 


Stupid flash but ... YAY iPAD!
I got a case and screen protector after getting the iPad yesterday.
I think it looks pretty damn sleek and pretty at the same time! :)

Rewinding a little bit, I went out with my favourite buddy from high-school! We used to spend almost every second together back in high school, but unfortunately, we went to different universities and I haven't seen her in a very long time. We ended up going to Pacific Mall and getting K-BBQ which is really such a fun way to catch up with friends, relax, and eat some good food. 

Just looking at this makes me crave K-BBQ all over again...
On a side note, another one of fishandchip and I's favourite restaurants, Mongolian, closed down recently. My roommate wanted to go there for her mom's birthday and found that it had shut down. Guess we need to find another really awesome place where we can customize your own noodles and eat awesome desserts covered with chocolate from the chocolate fountain. 

Anyways, so when we went to Pacific Mall, I went back and got some nailpolish. I may have blogged about those nailpolishes before... Pardon me while I got beauty guru on your asses:

So I was really pleased with the nail polish I got from DEBBIE a while back. I decided to go back to get some more and I found these two really pretty colours. 

The lighting may not do them justice but these colours are so beautiful!
I think the one on the left is a really pretty Autumn-colour and the blue is really good for Winter!
I painted my nails yesterday night!
Wintery :)
I think what I really like about this brand of nail polish is how you actually don't necessarily need to paint a second coat. So many nail polishes I've gotten need a second coat and it streaks so easily. This brand is so amazing and the colours are all so beautiful. Another thing is that it's so cheap! Other brands such as OPI and China Glaze cost around $8+ per bottle but these are approximately $2.50! I'm thinking of going back soon and getting the black one with sparkles next week! It's not the same brand but I tested it out last time and it was just as good as this one. 

AWKWARD TRANSITION INTO ANOTHER TOPIC...

I want to just take a break right now to once again mention my stupid parents, who are still, in a fight. If anyone's read my last post, they'll know what I'm talking about. 
Dear roomie,

I really doubt you'll see this 'cause you don't even know I have this blog. I just wanted to give you a quick shoutout 'cause you're awesome. I know we've been in countless arguments since we've moved in and we've gotten super pissed off with each other in the last three months. But I really appreciate you listening to me rage-cry about my parents and how stressed out I felt. I hate crying in front of other people but I guess I managed to do that with you. I'm glad you were patient enough to listen to me break down and complain about my stupid parents. I'm glad that after everything I said, you replied with, "It's okay. Calm down. Put them out of your mind for now. You need to focus on school........ Do you want some food?

Even though our personalities clash like crazy and we might not even wanna room with each other next year, you're still gonna be one of my bestest friends.

P.S - quurl u noe u luv da nagativityy i bring 2 ur lyf mkay ok 

My roommate and I have known each other since the seventh grade and we've been really close since then. We ended up going to different high-schools and making our own group of friends but we always talked online everyday. Now we're roommates in university, and while I find some of her habits highly irritating, I don't think I can have it any other way. 

AWKWARD TRANSITION INTO FINAL TOPIC...

So lately, I've been really into these things:


Yoseob's not my bias in B2ST but he's still one of my fave guys. I'm so proud of my baby Junhyung since he produced this album and he wrote this song so well and it's just so ... asdfghjkl
Also, Junhyung is so damn hot even though he appeared for only 4 seconds. God damn. 


So, the drama that this song was in ended a while back but I've still been listening to this song non-stop. Raymond Lam has one of those voices you just can't get tired of and and omg this song

Marble Slab icecream!
The ice cream at Marble Slab basically costs out the ass but it tastes so good. Everytime I leave that place, I think, "No way am I going back there! $7 for a small ice cream cup!? Pft!" but then when I finish the ice cream... I just want to go back again. Shoot me. This is why I'm fat. 

I think I'm starting to develop an unhealthy obsession with EXO-M now. Lay and Tao are just too beautiful for me to handle. This performance was so amazing and so was every other performance at the 2012 MAMA awards. If you guys haven't seen PSY's final performance of the night of "Gangnam Style", you need to see it now! Really awesome. 


I've been anticipating this series since the day it was mentioned by WongFu and then I got sooo excited after seeing the trailer. I think this one will definitely be a lot better than their first one called "Away We Happened". For starters, this one has people who can act. Plus, Yuri, Mike, and Phil are all amazingly talented at everything they do! Also, the ISA channel on Youtube uploads "Step by Step" videos of Phil learning different choreographies from amazing dancers. I have such a thing for hip-hop dancers and the dance itself. 

ANYWAYS, THIS HAS BEEN LONG ENOUGH. 

TALK TO YOU SOON. 

♡´・ᴗ・`♡ 

- eggtarts

2 comments:

  1. Yoooooo, chocolate fountain @ walmart for 30 bucks :D LOL just saying (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? Ok, so how much would the crapload of chocolate be? LOL.

      Delete