Friday 9 August 2013

Crappy Summer + Asian Dramas; hitting me hard in the feels!

What's up, everyone?

I've signed in about a dozen times, but I've been so unmotivated to make any posts. I just saw Alikiya's post today, and I figured it's about time I do something semi-productive.

So the last month and a half has been pretty hectic, in a way. My family lost someone very close, and there was just a whole lot to do with hospital visits and funeral preparations. It's all good now, but then other stuff started coming up, and let's just say that everyone was pissed at everyone for a fair amount of time.

Anyways, luckily, I have some little things here and there to keep my spirits up! As Alikiya mentioned, B2ST and EXO are back, and they're two of my favourite groups. f(x) is also back, and I'm loving their album. If anyone wants to purchase it for me, message me and I'll give you my address. I'm really loving "Rum Pum Pum Pum", "Shadow", "Goodbye Summer", and "Airplane".


As for Asian dramas, I just recently finished watching "Lucky Seven" and "Dating Agency: Cyrano". Both of them were really good, light-hearted dramas. Nothing too serious, or anything that will tug at your heart. If you're into the detective/comedy drama, then I really recommend "Lucky Seven". Eita, who plays Nitta in the drama, was such an awesome actor. It was the first time I watched one of his dramas, and now I'm such a fan. Thinking of watching other dramas with him later on.


Cyrano was the second K-drama that I ever finished. It was really, really cute. That, or I just haven't watched romance dramas in a long time. I think Sooyoung was pretty darn awesome, and for those people who judge dramas that star idols, I think that Sooyoung will really change your mind about that! Also, Hong Jong-hyun was amazing as well. I saw him first in "Wild Romance" a little while back, and I hated his character and his acting seemed boring. Then, I think it was also him in 2NE1's music video recently, which was really awkward too. BUT he was so qt in this drama, so yes, I recommend everyone to watch it if you haven't already!


So, after Cyrano, I took a little break 'cause I sat on my ass for days watching that drama, and I seriously think there were some serious health issues after that, LOL.

I started watching "I Hear Your Voice" a couple days ago, and I'm currently on episode 14. Since my online course has started, I'm taking a two day break to get going on my assignment before I continue the drama.

LET ME JUST TAKE A MOMENT OUT OF THIS POST TO JUST DHGFKJSDFHKSD. LIKE EVERYTIME I WATCH THAT DRAMA, I FEEL MY HEART JUST FALLING OUT MY ASS EITHER FROM SRS HEART BREAKING OR I JUST CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO HANDLE THE LEE JONG SUK. LIKE SWEET BABY JESUS, DOES HE KNOW HE'S SO FINE? LIKE WHAT???? AND HIS CHILDHOOD STORY.. THE FEELS. THE FEELS. AND MOMMA JANG'S DEATH.. I - MY HEART. -CLUTCHES CHEST- AND LIKE PARK SOO HA IS GONNA BE THE DEATH OF ME. REALLY. HE'S SO PERFECT. LIKE, IF I WAS A BIT OLDER, JUST LET ME EXIST IN YOUR WORLD AND BE YOUR NOONA. 

Even though I'm constantly recommending dramas to Alikiya, it's actually been a while since I sat down and watched dramas for myself. I had a really long phase back in middle school where I was super into J-dramas and NEWS (especially Yamapi) and so I literally watched every J-drama I could. Hana Yori Dango, 1 Liter of Tears, Nobuta wo Produce, Dragon Zakura, Kurosagi, Proposal Daisakusen, Yukan Club, and so much more. I also watched a ton of Taiwanese dramas like Smiling Pasta, Bull Fighting, Romantic Princess, etc. And if anyone knows me, I also watch TVB (Hong Kong) dramas on almost a daily basis. But ever since high school, I've really slowed on dramas, and I was just really busy with school life and just watching short stuff on Youtube.

Anyways, now I'm right back where I started and I think "I Hear Your Voice" is a big part of the reason. Words can't even describe how good the series is. The plot is so interesting, and if anyone knows me, I'm a big sucker for detective/law/psychological thriller type dramas. Plus, when you throw in a cute side-romance story with a perfect, good-looking Korean boy... welp, I'm basically set.

CAN I BE YOUR NOONA?
LET ME HAVE THOSE LITTLE KISSES.
LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL.
How does this guy make looking bruised and bloody so hot?
If they could just stop zooming in on his face...
Yeah, that'd be nice.
This face is why I got nightmares a couple days ago.
Anyways, my friend also recommended me to watch: Reply 1997, Ghost, Sign, and School 2013. I'm gonna trust her on this since she's the reason I watched Cyrano and "I Hear Your Voice". She totally gets my taste in dramas.

Uh, aside from all that, I've also gotten into Tyler Oakley. I knew about his channel before, but I never subscribed, but recently some of his video collaborations have me laughing so hard, I almost cry. Check out these:



Other than all that, everything else about my summer has been a bust. I was supposed to get a job, but that failed epically because no one wants to hire me. Most likely due to the fact that I have zero experience. Ironic thing is... how am I supposed to get experience if no one is hiring me!? But anyways, I'm hoping I'll be able to find a job for co-op when I head back to school next month.

Speaking of co-op, the course has officially started for me. It's online, and my first assignment is to make a bomb resume. Unfortunately, that means I have to actually start working when I'm on the computer as opposed to watching my dramas or scrolling to hundreds and hundreds of Tumblr pages. I guess it's a good way to get me out of the rut that I've been for the past 4 months though.

Anywho, I'm off to continue making my resume.

I'll sign off with some lovely photos of these three perfect men:





Follow me on Tumblr and Polyvore!



- Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment