Sunday 1 July 2012

Exams, Birthday, and Graduation!

Since my post about UWaterloo, quite a bit has happened. Right after that day, there was a lot of culminating assignments to be done and exams came the week after that.

For some reason, I found myself slacking a lot during the days I was given to study for exams. I ended up with extremely poor exam result marks; a 76% on my Economics exam, a 92% on my International Business exam (this was ok), and a 66% on my Law exam. Luckily for me, my marks during the semester were decent enough to cushion the fall that the exam caused.

My final marks were:
Economics: 87% (from a 94% at mid-terms)
International Business: 92% (from a 95% at mid-terms)
Law: 83% (from a 87% at mid-terms)

I got this with my report card!
Wild Water Kingdom this summer, anyone? :)

Oh well, the final grades are still tolerable, I guess. What's done is done!

After the exams, it was time for my birthday! My birthday itself was alright? Not exactly what most teens would say was the best 18th birthday celebration ever. The day itself, June 24th, I went out for a sushi dinner with my parents.

Honey roll? + Sweet Potatoes on top!
Tasted amazing!!

Black Dragon roll (left)
Sunshine roll (right)

Unagi Sushi Pizza
The day after, June 25th, I went with my friends to Pacific Mall. We didn't really do much other than walk around and chill. But I still had fun!

One of my friends, got me this:



So basically my friend - as you can see - got me mix-style headphones. I know, I know, their sound quality isn't the best out there. But it's pretty and it's good enough for me. Quite frankly, I've never been the person to care too much about the quality and clarity of the music. If I hear the music and it's relatively clear, I'm good. As of the moment though, I'm sticking with my Apple earphones! These headphones will be for my trip to Hong Kong/China! :)

My other friend got me this:


It's a turtle plushie! As cute as it is and as much as I appreciate the gift, I just don't really like it that much. If this had been given to me two or three years ago, I'd probably be ecstatic. But I'm a big girl now! But I just don't have much of a use for it now. What I really want now is probably too expensive for most of my friends to buy! Nonetheless, he's still really nice for actually getting me a birthday gift! A big thank you to P.Pham! :) 

After my birthday, it was basically time for grad! On June 28th, it was our high school graduation! Basically, all the students had to arrive at 2:30 to pick up our black gowns/robes. The parents were to arrive at 4:00, which was when grad would be starting!

I sound kind of spoiled for saying this, but I was kind of upset that day. All the girls wore nice dresses and all the guys wore nice shirts, pants, and ties. See, my parents wouldn't buy me a new dress since I don't own any semi-formal dresses, and they wouldn't let me wear shorts because they felt that shorts were too informal. But come on, it was 33 degrees + over 600 people in a relatively small auditorium! I ended up going in a dress shirt and capris... I felt stupid as hell. Luckily, we were wearing the robe most of the time!

Anyways, the ceremony itself was complete bullshit. 75% of the time was used on award-winners. If you didn't win an award, you basically spent an hour and a half listening to teachers praise your fellow classmates while you sat and waited. There was a grand total of approx. 20 awards? Each award-winner was presented with a gift (ex: $75 dollar gift-card to Best Buy) and a 2-3 minute speech dedicated to them. They went up one by one ...

Everyone else? If you didn't win an award, you were called up 8 people at a time and then rushed off stage. They managed to burn through almost 200 people in 15 minutes of the 2-hour ceremony. Bullshit, right?

As happy as I am for fishandchips and her English award; sorry buddy, y'all award winners pissed me off.

Robe/gown return line

Graduating class composite!
I ended up taking a fair amount of pictures with my friends, classmates, and my favourite teachers! Grad was better than prom! Hehe.

Anyways, I'm going to make another post soon about my meet and greet experience for Raymond Wong! I'm currently waiting for my friend to send me her half of the photos she took! :)

Bye bye for now!

- eggtart

P.S - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment