Wednesday 29 August 2012

Food Appreciation + Mealtime Etiquette?

Before I start, I wanted to say a few things:

Somehow, our page views have went up in the last couple of days. When I look at the map thing, it showed that most of our views are actually coming from Germany? Haha, whoever it is that's reading this blog from Germany, thanks a lot!

Anyways, as anyone can see, this blog has been a big update on our lives and I feel like I haven't exactly been blogging like I used to where I would rant about random crap or just talk about music. So here's to my first random-post/rant on yu-ai... 

So for anyone that knows me well, they know that I adore food. While the biggest reason for me being fat is probably because I'm a lazy turd who sits at her computer all day, the fact that there's soooo many amazing types of food out there is probably also another great reason. Truth be told, I probably eat as much as all my other super-thin friends if not less, but since my metabolism runs at the speed of a snail and I don't even exercise...

So, being from a Chinese family, I tend to eat a lot of these dishes:


Lo mein, har gow, xiao long bao, sweet and sour chicken...

For people who don't know, my mom's side of the family is actually from HeiLongJiang of China. She moved to Macau when she was around 20 which leads to me being able to speak both Mandarin and Cantonese. My dad's parents were both from Chiu Chow but married in Vietnam and had my dad. That being said, I'm also part Vietnamese but I know absolutely nothing about Vietnam other than that popular cuss phrase. Aside from my last name, I'm pretty much 100% Chinese, but I do love me some Vietnamese cuisine;


wait wait, pardon me while I wipe my drool.
...

and then there's the fact that I'm Canadian, so let's throw in some good ol' American-styled junk food:


Oh, I also love foods from other cultures.


So anyways, enough spam about food...

What inspired me to write this post was because I was at dinner and my dad was doing a couple of things that irked me... and BAM! Mealtime etiquette post.

Note: All photos from Google. I take no credit!

Top 3 things I hate that people do during meal-times:

1.  I hate when people just grab my food as if I'm totally cool with sharing. I mean, I am... IF YOU ASK. Like, bro... come on, common courtesy.


2. I hate when people try something, declare that it tastes horrible, and then continues eating it. Well, if you hate it so much... stop eating it + People who eat a free meal and then complain that it tastes like crap later. Can you be any less appreciative?

3. I hate when I'm sharing a box of fries with someone and they take a handful at a time. What ever happened to a fry at a time? You just look greedy now.


ANYWHO...

Quick update: I'm moving into residence on September 3rd and I think I'll be back in Toronto on the 5th or so since I don't plan on staying the whole week for orientation. Plus, I also want to learn how to bus home and bring back anything I might have missed. I'm lazying around these last couple of days and doing basically nothing.

I also got a new cell phone! Woohoo! I've been using this old ass LG stainless steel cell phone for the last four years and I finally got a Blackberry Curve 9320. Not my favourite phone but I'm not complaining.

Random thought... Since we're actually getting some views on this blog, does anyone mind commenting and letting me know who's out there? Probably won't happen but it's worth a shot.

- eggtart

No comments:

Post a Comment