Wednesday 5 September 2012

FROSH Day 3

Today was a total blast ! We started out with a free breakfast and hanging out at the arts quad and telling everyone we loved them, haha. Then we went to these four sessions. The first one was talking about time management and balancing uni life with leisure life, which was definitely helpful. Our second session spoke of library tips and how to utilize the library and their resources, while the third session was about academic integrity (i.e. plagiarism, cheating, etc.). It kind of opened my eyes and told me I definitely shouldn't stick to old high school habits... Lastly, we got to meet our academic advisers who talked about things like co-op as well as courses (failing, dropping, swapping, etc.) which definitely made me a little more confident about what I was doing, haha.

After that, we went off to eat lunch!

Our food was from The Grill, which is apparently in the university plaza (wherever that is? (I'll learn eventually))
Note: it was delicious!
As we waited for the food, the orientation leaders danced the Not-So-Secret-Arts-Dance
After lunch, we saw the play/musical Single and Sexy. It was really amazing, and it dealt with issues like homophobia, racism, date rape, suicide, abusive relationships, drugs, etc. Honestly, if that was real life, they'd go down in history as the 6 unluckiest people in the world. But the play was amazing. The actors and actresses played their roles really well and came up with a great script and play. If you're at the University of Waterloo and you haven't seen the play yet, you should seriously go check it out!

After the play, everyone collected together for an aerial photo, which was fun, but really hot 'cause we were all standing in the sun.

Once that was taken, we went back to the arts quad to learn the Not-So-Secret-Arts-Dance. It was pretty complicated 'cause there were so many moves. I kind of have it together? But I know the order of my moves is totally messed up, haha.

After we went through the dance, which was a lot of fun as well as confusing, we had a random dance party just 'cause we're the Arts and we're awesome~ I had a blast and actually like grinded? or went low? I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO CALL IT... (Also, it was a first, so I just wanted to note that, haha... it definitely wasn't grinding though, since we didn't touch at all and were facing each other... but I have no clue what it's called, so we'll go with 'getting low' xD I'm so useless at this, my goodness...) with one of the metro blue leaders, haha. It was interesting, and honestly he can go low.  I am NOT fit enough to do that, haha. We danced PSY Gangnam Style, and did a lot of hopping around and omg, it was a total blast.




ARTS GETS A LITTLE BIT ROWDY! R-O-W-D-Y!

Honestly, we got more than a little rowdy, we were bordering insanity and chaos, haha. But it was a heck of a lot of fun dancing to What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction), Barbie Girl (Aqua), Party Rock (LMFAO), etc. I love dancing in crowds of people, haha. 

Due to all that chaotic dancing I'm tired and my feet are killing me, but it was definitely worth it. OMG. Best day every, haha~

You can tell I'm in a good mood JUST because of the 'haha's xD! I'm still on that dancing/partying high~ Today was the best day of orientation so far ~

Anyways, I'm going to read now ~

HOUSE CHARCOAL LOVES YOUUU!

fishandchips


No comments:

Post a Comment